Supply Chain Data Scientist | ThroughPut | Join Today
Supply Chain Data Scientist
ThroughPut, a pioneer in Supply Chain AI software is looking for qualified applicants with least 5-7 years of experience as a Senior Data Scientist. You will be working with other technologist with a passion for solving real world operational problems in the supply chain industry by building great products. If you get excited to see your models implemented in the field and making an impact, this opportunity is for you.
- Design, model and prototype machine learning models and algorithms to solve specific Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Inventory Management & Distribution problems.
- Work collaboratively with Product and Engineering to implement features and functionality for ThroughPut’s ELI Flow platform.
- Work collaboratively with Dev Ops & QA to implement models in a scalable production environment.
- Participate in Client facing Sales Engineering calls and assist with analysis and trouble-shooting data related problems.
- Stay current with latest tools and techniques in Data Science, Machine Learning & AI and Supply Chain domain and propose innovative solutions.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or any other quantitative field. Advanced degree (MS, PhD) preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Data Science, Machine Learning, AI solving Supply Chain or Manufacturing related problems.
- Knowledge & familiarity within Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Warehousing, Distribution & Logistics domain.
- Experience building and deploying ML / AI algorithms in Python.
- Expert working with common Statistical & ML packages and libraries including scikit learn, sklearn, statsmodel, pandas, numpy, plotly etc.) and optimization tools (Gurobi, google or-tools).
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, decision trees, ensemble models, time series, forecasting, neural networks, network routing, linear programming and optimization).
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational/non-relational databases, query
- authoring (SQL) tools and excellent SQL troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving, fast paced start-up environment.
Seattle, WA region or Silicon Valley, CA region is a nice-to-have but not required. Anywhere else remotely in the US works well if candidate is accustomed to doing so, successfully completing projects remotely, and open to occasional travel (3-6 times per year) for team-building on/off-site meetings.
ThroughPut Inc. (www.throughput.ai) is the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Supply Chain pioneer that enables companies to detect, prioritize and alleviate dynamic operational bottlenecks in real-time. ThroughPut’s supply chain Bottleneck Management System (BMS) runs on the ELI platform, helping clients utilize their existing enterprise databases, such as ERP, MES, and PLC, to automatically solve bottlenecks today. The technology was designed by Fortune 500 geo market logistics leaders and Silicon Valley analytics experts with decades of experience in the industrial technology and enterprise space. ELI thinks like an operations manager and provides human domain expertise and insights in a timely manner to the right operations leads, which current, status-quo static Business Intelligence and Analytics tools do not effectively capture nor leverage. ThroughPut’s dynamic insights include real-time resource allocation recommendations, granular root causes, and operational process stability analysis.