As the traditional port transforms to embrace new value drivers that impact overall outcomes, operational efficiency still tops the ports and terminal priority scorecard, as even minor delays could create a ripple effect disrupting the entire supply chain from shore to shipment. The pandemic has further weighed down the performance of ports worldwide, with minimal workforce available at terminal hubs and fewer shipping containers on the move, thus bringing global port operations to an abrupt halt.
But, the fact remains that ports cannot afford delays as the repercussions are farfetched.
According to a study by the Boston Consulting Group (BCG), the cost of empty container logistics including repositioning, storage and handling, accounts for about 5-8% of today’s terminal operating budgets and the cost to the industry can go upto $20Billion annually. The maintenance and repair costs can easily reach 12% of a shipping line’s operating costs.
The Power of AI-enabled Ports-Ecosystems
AI-driven drill down analytics can offer ports operations, logistics and fleet managers with real-time and demand-driven insights to rapidly spot where operations are lagging, while easily exposing strategic and tactical opportunities for improvement.
An AI-enabled port ecosystem can lead to effective communication across all touchpoints in the container supply chain, right from cargo owners to terminal operators, to third-party logistics providers and warehouse workers. Using real-time forecasting, operators are able to spot patterns in the logistics supply chain and leverage valuable insights, for greater planning and proven efficiency in the movement of goods.
This helps with delivering tangible outcomes such as:
- End-to-end visibility into how ports are processing shipments to proactively make changes to fleet operations
- Seamless communication with Logistics Service Providers and shipping lines for accurate visibility of possible delays
- Integration with downstream suppliers to help make them aware of when they can expect to receive shipments
- In-depth reporting on the movement of goods to accelerate decision making and resolve potential issues
Experience ThroughPut’s Leading-Edge Ports Capabilities
ThroughPut’s advanced AI capabilities are specifically designed to assess top-line and bottom-line ports and container benefits for better Prioritization, Optimization and Fleet Management.
Our advanced AI-driven Container & Ports Solution ensures:
- Efficient driver to container pairing using AI predictive modeling and automation.
- Efficient capacity management using traffic optimization at ports and eliminating redundant routes.
- Efficient container tracking with complete visibility across the container movement along with real-time updates.
With ThroughPut you can easily eliminate operational risks and explore the opportunities for innovation across ports and terminal operations. All of this, with minimal investment.
At ThroughPut, we continue to work on key strategies that help ports and logistics businesses remain agile in the face of changing processes, trends and the influx of new technologies.